Last night was a great night. It didn’t involve cocktails or a cute boy, although that would have been nice, it just involved the simplest of things.
1. Learning about digital publishing.
2. Cooking myself a wholesome and delicious dinner.
3. Eating said dinner at my “dining room” table without the distraction of TV or my blackberry. Just quietly eating and enjoying my food.
4. Finishing The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest. Thus concluding my time with the fantastic story-teller Stieg Larsson. (An entire post will be devoted to that trilogy)
5. Reading the first chapter of Marianne Williamson’s new book.
6. Catching up with Sister.
7. Listening to the State of the Union and attempting to sit through the Republican responses. Yes, there were two. Don’t ask me why.
8. Journaling throughout the evening, which always includes a really good cry.
9. Meditating for the first time in months. It was so good.