Everyone has their favorite foods, bands, stores, places, friends, celebrities, etc. Last night I got to thinking about things I have considered a favorite for the last decade or so. My list was actually quite extensive, which was surprising since I tend to change my mind several times before making a final decision.
I thought it might be fun to share some of my favorite things with you, my blog friends. I’d love to hear some of yours in return!
1. Dave Matthews Band. This is a bit cheesy, I know. I first fell in love with DMB during the summer of 1995 while laying in a bunkbed next to my best friends. Dave has accompanied me on almost every road trip I’ve ever taken and gotten me through some really difficult times.
2. Eggplant Parm. This has been my favorite meal since childhood. Every once in a while I indulge and it’s always worth it. I have found it is very hard to screw this dish up and, trust me, I’ve tried.
3. Friends. Considering the show was on the air for ten years and I’ve seen every episode more times than I care to admit, I never get sick of it. In college I used to walk across the hall to watch JV’s Friends DVDs on the regular. I laugh at every single episode, no matter what.
4. I Love Lucy. See above. Minus the JV part. I literally grew up watching this show and I laugh disturbingly loud every time I watch.
5. U2. I wouldn’t even know where to begin.
6. R.L. Stine. I read every single R.L. Stine book up until 2000. I would devour each book within a day or so. Goosebumps was like child's play to me. I flew through those and skipped ahead to the “teen” novels. I couldn’t wait to be 16 and get in my friends’ Jeep Wrangler and drive to the beach. I’m actually still waiting for that to happen.
7. Weezer. My sophomore year of High School I discovered the wonder that is Rivers Cuomo. He was the perfect mix of sexy and dorky. I was hooked.
How could you not love this band??
8. CNN. It came to my attention that I have been falling asleep to CNN since my Sophomore year of college. I’m sure Stef could vouch for that fact, except she fell fast asleep within a minute of hitting the pillow for the three years we shared a dorm room. It’s almost as though I can’t fall asleep without knowing what’s going on in far away places.
9. Feta Cheese. I could eat Feta at every meal and there have been days I have done just that. Perhaps it’s the Greek in me.
10. Cabo. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and evokes memories of my family drinking a bit too much wine and my feeble attempts at surfing. The Cohens have found their sweet spot and it’s south of the border. Our annual January trip will mark the 8th year we’ve spent there together.
11. The Barnes & Noble in Cortlandt Manor, New York. I could spend hours in this store and I definitely have. It’s my go-to escape when I’m in Westchester; my safe place to sit, drink copious amounts of coffee and flip through tons of magazines and books.
12. A dark, cold movie theater. I’m a movie whore. I will see almost everything. I love sitting in the dark with my closest strangers and being entertained.
OK, this post took a turn for the stupid a while back. I had good intentions, though. Let’s hear some of your favorites.