Oh yes, blog friends. Tuesdays are officially weigh in days around these parts. I make no exception for cheesy holidays such as Valentine's Day. I got myself to my local WW meeting. I was down .6lbs. The exact same .6lbs I had gained the previous week somehow. I seem to have hit a mini plateau after losing 6 pounds. This seems a bit ridiculous, considering I still have a good 20ish to go.
So here's what I'm doing about it:
1. Wallowing. For a good twenty minutes I thought about giving up. Then I limped to meet one of my best friends. (more on the limping later)
2. Writing about it here. Obviously.
3. WORKING OUT. Not only is exercise important for my mental health, I need to get moving to reduce the size of my ass. Literally. I did a particularly gnarly Refine Method class on Monday night that left my legs so sore I can barely walk, hence the limping mentioned above.
4. Thinking about my west coast trip in a month. Warmer weather=less clothing.
5. Being proud of what I've accomplished so far. In the last four weeks, I have completely changed my eating habits. 6 pounds is still something. No one ever said this would be easy.
6. Enjoying myself. We were served Hershey kisses at the end of our meal. After looking up the points value, I enjoyed two pieces happily.
7. Having a great support system. One of my best friends offered to take the fries (that I asked NOT to have) off of my plate at dinner last night so I could enjoy my side of steamed spinach and quinoa burger in peace. Little things like that really make me feel like I can do this. Oh and she said my face looked thinner. So basically she was the perfect Valentine.