The past few days I've been suffering from a rather brutal case of writers block. Luckily I have been able to churn out my normal amount of copy for clients, but this blog has been neglected. Passing moments of "I should blog that" have occurred, but then I would start to type and one weak sentence would emerge. This is unusual for me as my mind is totally spinning with ideas and excitement recently. I want to share it all here, but part of me is holding back.
So for now, I'm going to stick with a list of stuff. I haven't listed here in a very long time. Everyone loves a good list, right? RIGHT?
1. I have a list of movies I want to see as long as my arm. Anyone want to be my movie buddy?
2. Today is my sister Jackie's 26th birthday. This makes me feel old.
3. Last weekend I spent one glorious day in Williamsburg at Smorgasburg. The views alone are well worth the 5 min L ride. You know how dogs hang their heads out the window, tongues wagging, when they're excited? Well, that was me. Bearded dudes, amazing food and fantastic weather and puppies everywhere, I mean I didn't stand a chance.
4. Bloggers don't always make the best live interviewers.
5. Lately my calendar has been filled with a lot of stuff - both personal and professional and at times it has been a bit overwhelming. It seems like people are asking a lot from me whether it be birthday gift suggestions, parties, charity events, meetings, etc. The other night I just decided to do what I can, when I can and not feel guilty saying no. It was like a weight was lifted.
6. You have to be obsessed with a problem to find a solution.
7. Don't take the first "no" for an answer.
8. How much sushi do you have to consume before it's considered a problem?
9. I'm currently so restless on the UES. Every weekend I find myself wanting to explore, explore, explore and I haven't had this much fun in years.
10. Ask someone you find interesting to coffee or a drink. It's the most efficient way to share ideas and really get to know what makes someone tick.
11. Put on mascara. I need to take my own advice.
12. Don't listen to your friends. Do what makes you happy. This goes both ways of course - no one should listen to me, I haven't got a clue.
13. Walk instead of taking the subway. Take your time.
14. If you want something, ask for it.
15. If you think someone is cute, wink at them. Just kidding, wanted to see if you were still paying attention. First smile at them, then wink. You don't want to be a creepster.